Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy anniversary, Kent

Five years ago today, Kent and I got married at Pilgrim Chapel in Kansas City, MO. He likes to say that he’s the winner, but the truth is that I am. Let me share a few things with you and then I think you’ll agree I am really the fortunate one.

While the last five years have been pretty challenging, those challenges have been external and not from the relationship. We’ve moved three times, I’ve had major surgery three times along with some health issues that lingered for a year, and I’ve gotten a master’s degree—and he’s been right there with me through all of it.

I’ve told him this before, and I’m sure I will tell him again and again. I had no idea marriage could be fun, and I’ve never been loved so thoroughly and so unconditionally.

Sometimes I forget I was married to someone else for 16 years, I’ll turn to him to say “hey do you remember when we did . . . oh wait, I wasn’t married to you then.” It’s a cool thing to feel like he’s always been part of my life.

So happy anniversary to us! I am so thankful I got over my fear and I’m so glad he didn’t snub me when I finally did.

4 comments:

Judith said...

Has it really been five years?!? Congratulations and here's to many more. Mom

Jen Shear said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I hope you guys have a great day!

Kalea said...

Happy Anniversary!

Just from what little I've seen of the two of you in our virtual world, I'd say you're both lucky.

*winks and hugs*

Angie said...

Congrats!

(Btw, I think I remember saying you should give the guy a chance. :) )