Sunday, September 14, 2008

A small lesson for me

As most of my friends and family know, I work out six days a week. It's a commitment I made to myself and I usually keep it. I recently decided to go to church on Sundays and last Sunday was my first time.

This morning, for no real reason except that it's rainy and humid out, I woke up flat exhausted and thought well I'll just skip working out and church. Then I realized I would keep both of those commitments if they involved someone else. Surely I was worth the same consideration? So I both worked out and went to church. Yes it's still rainy and humid out but I kept my commitment to myself and that makes me feel pretty darn good.

3 comments:

Jen Shear said...

I really admire you for working out so much. I wish I had your discipline.

edj3 said...

You have a built in workout named Alison. Seriously, I had some great arm muscles when the boys were little, plus I was always chasing after them--total body fitness by kids!

Functional Fitness said...

What a great lesson learned and taught. Thanks for reminding one personal trainer to take care of herself as well as she does her clients.