Friday, September 12, 2008

Getting down to the final boxes

Why is it the last few boxes are always full of stuff that doesn't really fit anywhere but you can't really just throw away? It's painful and tedious to go through it all, and the way I'm wired, I'd rather toss everything at this point.



Wally helped though, I guess that's good. And then the boys romped around a lot. They love to get between the side of my desk and the wall--that's the heater you see behind Wally and that's why I have to keep the desk away from the wall. The boys don't know that, of course, they just think it's a great place to hide.

One of the things I found as I unpacked made me glad I hadn't thrown it all away. My mother should remember this, I believe my grandfather gave it to her. You can't see them all in this picture, but the pig has suitcases with exotic destinations placed on its body. As I remember the story, G'Pa X'd out all the other destinations, drew a suitcase on the pig's butt hanging from the tail and wrote "Vermont" on it.

1 comment:

Kalea said...

Any cat owner knows that a box, empty or not, is an automatic cat magnet. I usually have an empty box under one of the cabinets in the sewing room so Jay can be in there with me, but hidden, while I'm working.

I do love the picture of the boys behind the wall.
"We're not doing anything we shouldn't, Mom! Honest!"