Sunday, June 3, 2018

I’m not very patient

I am sitting here on a Sunday evening, nearly a week after getting injured. I don’t have a diagnosis yet, I don’t have a treatment plan yet, and I’m frustrated.

To be fair, I’ve had an x-ray and an MRI, and I do have a follow up appointment on June 11. But that’s a week off and in the meantime, I’m supposed to stay off that leg which means staying on the crutches.

But on Friday, we fly to Boston to see our friends. It’s a short trip—out on Friday, drive down to the Cape, celebrate a friend’s significant birthday Friday night, all day Saturday and Saturday night, then drive back to Boston on Sunday and fly home. And to complicate things further, we’d originally booked non-stop flights from Kansas City to Boston, only Delta changed the outbound flights and we now change planes in Detroit.

I may not have elite status any more on Delta, but I do know the airports. Let’s just say that Detroit isn’t a great airport if you have mobility issues. Plus our connection time is pretty tight. I've reluctantly booked wheelchair assistance in Detroit.

I have to say, that feels so weird. But I’m also realistic and even though my arms aren’t sore at all from using these crutches, getting from one gate to another if we also have to change concourses would be an ordeal (and we will almost certainly have to change concourses).

Mostly I miss running. I sure hope that on June 11, I get a diagnosis and a plan to get me running again.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I sympathize so much. The waiting is one of the hardest things about not being on your feet.