Thursday, February 15, 2018

Training does pay off

I’m not very experienced at running races. I’ve run a grand total of five races: a Jingle Bell run in the Detroit area in 2007 (not timed, purely a fun run), Hospital Hill 5K in 2008, another 5k in 2008 that I don’t remember the name of but it was some sort of fund raiser for physical therapy school at KU or something like that, and then the two races late last year.

On a whim, I looked up the results for the very first 5k I ever ran, which was the Hospital Hill 5K 10 years ago.



Then I pulled my results from the race I ran in October, the double race that was a 5K and then a 3K: 



Finally, I grabbed my results from the Jingle Bell 5K I ran in December:



It's really gratifying to see that I've improved despite being 10 years older. Now I'm even more determined to see how good I can get. 

No comments: