Sunday, June 9, 2013

I made this!

I've been wanting a koozie (coozie?) for a while. I will occasionally drink a diet Coke but really don't like how the cold, wet can feels, plus the soda warms up faster than I want. But I refuse to pay money for a commercially made koozie with lame, slightly offensive sayings on them, even if they are just $1 each.

In the meantime, I've been wrapping my can in a napkin or paper towel and either tucking the ends in if it's a paper towel or else using a bobby pin which looks like this:



I think you'll agree that looks downright low rent.

Today I found a tutorial that sort of laid out how to make your own koozie. Only as it turns out the measurements were pretty much off and also the so-called koozie was more of a can wrap. It had no bottom. I don't know about you, but to me a koozie should have a bottom.

After completely redoing the basic pattern pieces (which included taking a full inch off the width of the material and shortening it by a half inch, oh and adding the round bottom piece), I ended up with a pair of me-made koozies:


Not too shabby, eh?

1 comment:

Magpie said...

crank 'em out and sell them on etsy!