Monday, May 27, 2013

A neat trick

If you work out and wear so-called technical gear (you know, wicking fabric that's generally entirely made made fibers but it does pull the sweat off your body), then you've probably also picked up a bit of an odor in those items of clothing. While I hardly sweat, even when I'm at my fittest, I will still get a spot directly under my arms that smells less than pleasant. Drives me crazy because other than the whiff of yuck, the clothes are fine. So what's a girl to do?

Well I don't know about you, but I consulted the internet after reading a tip from a fashion blog about using vodka to get out odors. Since I've tried vinegar in my wash and also regularly use Borax powder, I was out of options so I gave it a try.

I put a bit of vodka in a wider, flatter bowl and made sure the offending areas were covered. I didn't so much let the shirt sit as just get the rest of the laundry load ready to go, tossed in the vodka shirt and started the wash.

The verdict is in: it works. I'm so pleased because this particular shirt is one of my favorites and I've only had it a year. And apparently you can use vodka for lots of other chores as well.

No comments: