Friday, February 15, 2013

Update on Eddie

He's healing but still has to wear his donut so he doesn't groom the wound. Wally is still hissing and growling and chasing him away if Eddie gets too close. Chloe's joined in on the hissing too and I think at this point, it's not the vet smell. I think they are bothered by how the donut looks on Eddie.

We take him for a follow up visit next Wednesday (not to the place we went to on Sunday, no way) and my fear is that the Hissing Wars will redouble in noise and aggression because he'll stink of the vet's clinic again. And my really big fear is that he'll have to wear the donut longer.

In the meantime, for the last three nights I've wiped all cats down with a washcloth dipped in water that's got a tiny amount of their kitty shampoo in it. This is in hopes of making them all smell the same and thus eliminating the source of the hissing. I can only report limited success i.e. Wally still hisses but isn't always outright growling.

So that's the latest. It would be funny only if it weren't so sad.

3 comments:

Diane Russell said...

My heart goes out to Eddie. He doesn't feel well, has to wear the donut, and suddenly his housemates hate him. Poor big guy. I hope he's getting extra attention from the staff. :)

edj3 said...

He sure is. We've been loving on him and we take the donut off when he's in a lap. He loves that.

Anonymous said...

Poor Eddie!!!

I think they'll forget, eventually.

Ugh.