Saturday, July 14, 2012

Work it

I’ve spent most of today working on a place we don’t even live in any more. But hey, if my efforts help speed up the selling process, I am more than happy to do these kinds of chores every month.

It’s shocking to me how much dirt has been tracked in over the last three or four weeks of showings. Fortunately we left a broom and dust pan here.

Mostly I’ve worked on the patio. It’s a brick patio so it has to be weeded—I know that sounds silly but if you don’t weed between the bricks, everything starts to look shabby and dilapidated. I also had to sweep the entire thing because all sorts of leaves, twigs and general yard crap get blown in and that also looks awful. There’s a large tree outside our patio which overhangs the patio just a bit, just enough to drip sap on the table and chairs. So I scrubbed them all with very soapy water and then rinsed thoroughly with the hose. I also watered everything because Boston is having a hot, dry summer too, just like the rest of the US. And I did laundry and cleaned inside.  

We have another open house scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. We’ve dropped the price already so between the large size, the gorgeous patio and the price, our place is a good deal. I hope someone else thinks so too.

No comments: