Monday, May 14, 2012

We are alive

What a whirlwind we've been in the last nine days. Yesterday I realized that we packed up our home in four days, spent a day loading the truck and tidying up (why does moving produce so much debris?), spent another two days driving from Boston to Overland Park, and on Saturday, got the apartment, unloaded the truck and started unpacking.

Now it's Monday and frankly, I'm glad I get to go to work because I'm flat out beat. I think I will be mentally tired tonight, but maybe not quite so physically exhausted.

The apartment exceeds my expectations. Since we never actually saw the place, I was prepared to admit I'd made a mistake, stick out the lease and move on. I don't know that we'll stay forever but it's pretty nice. The light is amazing, and we have high ceilings which just adds to the light and airy feel.

The cats approve too.

Window in the hall by the stairs.

Cat perch is in the living room and looks out on the huge balcony.

6 comments:

lemming said...

I like the happy cats, in the sun, sleeping off the stress of moving cross country. :-)

Joybells said...

Beautiful!

Jeanne said...

It's a very good sign when the cats like a new place.

Anonymous said...

It looks great -- light and airy. Also, I am exhausted just reading this. Wow.

FreshHell said...

They do look happy! I think you get three paws up for the new place.

Magpie said...

It looks great.