Monday, October 24, 2011

Boring and mundane

That was my weekend. Also very sweet and affectionate because (gag warning ahead) Kent and I just reveled in each other’s company. He travels a lot for work but it’s sporadic. So last spring when I was mostly gone, he was here. This fall has been a different story and he’s been gone each week for the last three weeks. We’d braced ourselves for not seeing each other for about five weeks when he left last Monday. That things changed just made the weekend so much better.

Yesterday I paid for the tension and stress of last week. I’m normally a high energy kind of woman, especially in the morning. But not yesterday. I woke up tired and got more tired as the day went on. Plus my head started pounding around noon and nothing I did made that headache go away. Low energy days are quite rare for me and I don’t like them one bit.

Now I’m back applying for jobs, filing for my pitiful unemployment and knocking out sewing projects for Christmas gifts.

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

If you think you might like the Miss Peregrine book I'll lend/send you my copy, because you're one of the only people I know who might have some time to read!

Jeanne said...

Someone else just said she's interested in it-- maybe I should send you one I like better?

edj3 said...

Yes :-) I'm looking for the next Gone Away World myself.

Jeanne said...

I did like A Visit From the Goon Squad quite a bit...