Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tsk tsk

Oh athletic clothing makers, do you not realize there are those of us who actually wear sports bras and have zero interest in your useless shelf bras you put in every single athletic top? And that in fact your shelf bras only add another layer of heat-trapping cloth?

And while I’m at it, did you not realize that some of us intensely dislike the plastered-to-your-torso effect in said workout tops? Also, did you know that not all of us are long-waisted waifs?

I dream of a day when I can buy a yoga or running top without the stupid shelf “bra,” and that doesn’t come down to the tops of my thighs, and isn’t imitating cling wrap. Until then I will use my el-cheapo tank top from Target and my decidedly not el-cheapo sports bra that actually works. And if I stay unemployed much longer, I may tackle workout clothing as a sewing project.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

ha, I understand this problem from the completely opposite side, being relatively flat-chested and very long in the torso. The shelf bras mash what little I have almost completely flat, and they don't come down far enough, which is intensely uncomfortable.

edj3 said...

What really gets me is how expensive work out clothing is. I bought--and returned--a top from Lululemon that didn't even have a yard of material to it. The price? $58. And what's worse is it didn't fit perfectly.

I'm slightly appalled I even considered owning such a time, but console myself with remembering that I did take it back.