Thursday, June 23, 2011

Jeanne was right

When I was a little girl, I’d pester my mother to put my hair in those foam curlers at night so the next day I would have curly hair. I'm sure it was a royal pain to roll a squirmy little girl's hair in curlers but she did it a few times. Then I’d toss and turn all night long because even though they were foam, those suckers still hurt my head. The next day she’d take them out and I’d have glorious ringlets, at least for a little while.

Over the years I’ve despised my hair. I’ve tried it long, short, permed, not permed and about everything in between. I believed that my hair was limp and fine and wouldn’t do a thing I wanted it to do. I’m here to say I was wrong.

My current hair stylist raves over my hair every single time I’m sitting in his chair. My hair, he tells me, is wonderfully obedient, it does everything he wants it to do. The funny thing is, he is right. I’ve finally figured out that my hair doesn’t need elaborate products or curling irons or anything else. It just needs a bit of volumizing spray (seriously the tiniest amount), a round brush and a blow dryer. And holy cow, I have a lot of hair that does exactly what it’s told to do.

So Jeanne, this is my official "you were right, I was wrong" post.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

What a thrill it was to read this title. What a good day! And what good hair you have. Seriously.

edj3 said...

Thank you! It's not often I can make someone's day remotely :-)