Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Poor kitties

And poor Kent, too.

Last week was tough on the cats because we had the drywall guys in and out all week. I say we but really Kent was the one there, not me. I was gallivanting around Wyoming and missed that bit of fun. Originally, the drywall repair was supposed to be completed by Friday but the mud isn't drying very quickly so it's still a work in progress.

Today the floors are scheduled to be demolished with the new floors going in over the course of the rest of the week. I'm missing this bit again, so poor Kent has to wrangle all three cats into their carriers and take them to the vet's to be boarded. He said it was really hard to keep Eddie in the house last week as the drywall guys kept coming in and out, and with the floors up next, the house will be too chaotic for kitty safety.

Wally hates the vet. He hates the smell and he will hiss at anything or anyone that smells like the vet, including himself. So this is not going to be a good week for him. Eddie dislikes the vet also, and the last time we had to board him, he lost weight. It takes a lot to put Eddie off his food. We both feel bad for the cats but know this is really the only way to handle the rest of this week.

And I feet just a tiny bit guilty that I'm missing all this--but not a lot. After all, I was home for both water events and got to enjoy all that excitement. When I get home Saturday, it should all be done with the possible exception of the drywall. We do live in a basement and it may not be dry by Friday. But the floors should be done and at least we won't have black plastic garbage bags taped to cover giant holes in our walls and ceilings.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Sounds like a tough time. The vet's is so stressful, and so are your house difficulties. I'm going to keep your bigger worries in mind as I deal with my broken washer today.