Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Packing redeux

My mother had asked that I show more clearly what I pack in my little 17" tote. She pointed out that that it's hard to actually see what I take when I show the layers in the bag. So I thought I'd take a picture of my hanging clothes once I got to my destination--that way, you can see what I actually packed.

What's not shown in these two pictures are my running shoes (I hadn't taken them out of the bag yet), my toiletries, a small hairdryer, a small purse, and my PJs and slippers (I'm wearing them). When I traveled, I wore the khaki jacket you see hanging along with the dark pants and a shirt that's also not shown and the evil brown shoes which are on the right in the second picture. I also have a small Booq backpack which is what I use to carry my netbook, phone, wallet and so on.

From Clothes

From Shoes

Please note that this is the first time I've taken three pairs of dress shoes, and until I got to the Atlanta airport I only had the two pairs. But the bleeding blisters were bad enough that I bought the shoes on the far left just so I could get to the hotel without putting on my pink slippers.

3 comments:

FreshHell said...

I pack well but hate to travel. But I always carry many bandaids with me at all times. With kids, they come in handy but whenever I buy a new pair of shoes, I inevitably end up with blisters and sores. I especially hate the ones that form at the back of the heel on the narrowest tendon (or whatever it is). Torture. I hope your feel heal (heel?) soon.

Judith said...

A piece of moleskin goes everywhere with me, along with bandaids. Your packing is impressive. When you start working in Idaho maybe you can route through Boise once for dinner and let me see how you do it.

edj3 said...

I do travel with band-aids because I'm allergic to latex and latex-free band-aids can be challenging to find. Unfortunately I only had three with me, so now I've restocked. I've used moleskin before but that pulls the loose skin right off the blister :-(