Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Breathe

I’m not quite halfway through this crazy three-week run. The work itself is going well but the trips are killing me. Last week’s bout of bleeding blisters sort of set the tone for the trip—and that was on day one.

Last Friday, I should have gotten home about 12:30 am, which is really Saturday but would have given me two nights at home. My flight from LIT ended up being four hours late so I missed the last flight from ATL to BOS. I didn’t get to my hotel in Atlanta until 12:30 am, which is of course when I should have landed in Boston. I was booked on an early flight Saturday morning, which meant I got a three hour nap. I’ve just now gotten caught up on my sleep.

If all goes well with my flights, I should get home about 11 pm Friday night. Then I catch a 9 am flight Sunday morning to San Antonio and have a four and a half hour drive to get to that program site. I won’t get home until Saturday evening due to distance and lack of flights. But I’ve got Sunday, May 8 marked as a day of utter rest on my calendar.

8 comments:

Jeanne said...

May 8 is a good day for rest! I can't imagine keeping up with your jetset lifestyle.

edj3 said...

Right about now it doesn't feel very jet-setty. I miss my bed, my pillow, my shower, my coffee, my cats and my husband (although not in that order).

sabrina said...

good luck with the travels! May 8th also happens to be Mother's Day, so I hope you not only get rest but get some pampering and love as well:)

edj3 said...

It is?? Truly I'd not put that together.

Jeanne said...

Oh, Mother's Day being the 8th is why I said it's a good day for rest.

The jet-setting comment was just to make you look down and see the glamour of your enterprise!

edj3 said...

Oh Jeanne, this motel doesn't even have a proper closet or even a hanging rod for clothes. It's got rough-hewn piece of wood with dowels for each hanger--all six of them.

Jeanne said...

In that case, you have to use the fairy-associated meaning of the word "glamour." It's a hard-knock life!

KD said...

Oh boy do I wish one of your locales was KC. I'd send you to my guest room, pack up the kids, give the dogs marrow bones and leave to you sleep for a full day!

I recall two trips in one week and that was enough stress on me I actually forgot which rental car was mine. It was dumping buckets and I had all my luggage with me. Thank God for remotes on cars as I was able to hit the button until my car beeped. I can't imagine how utterly lost I'd be with all the travel you do.