Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Reconnecting

I really haven’t kept up with people I knew in high school. I lived in Cape Girardeau for four years and once I graduated, I only went back to see my parents. Once they left Cape in the early 90s, I had no reason to return so I didn’t. But I’ve enjoyed reconnecting with people on Facebook, and have made some unexpected friends. Ramelle certainly fits in that category.

Ramelle went to high school with me; she was in my brother's class so was a year behind me. Much like Jeanne, she and I were in the same kinds of activities—in her case, we were both in Chamber Choir, theater, and on the speech and debate team. So while we weren’t best friends, we definitely saw each other a lot. Plus she ended up dating my first boyfriend after I did.

Anyway, Ramelle ended up in Chicago and comes to Boston for work pretty frequently. We hadn’t reconnected until now because I’ve been out of town on her previous visits. But this time I was actually here and so we got together for drinks.

As Ramelle would say, holy cats she’s fun. Kent and I had a blast and although I have a headache today (see number 4 from yesterday’s post), I also thoroughly enjoyed myself.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

As you can probably testify, I went through high school with my mind somewhere else, so I'm frequently puzzled by how I knew someone. Thanks for explaining how I knew Ramelle!