Saturday, February 5, 2011

Oh the drama

I’m back, I’ll write about the week later but first here’s the latest in our ongoing condo drama-rama.

You might want to refer to my diagram from last week just to keep things straight.

Boston has had a lot of snow this winter—we’re already at 70.1 inches for this season and February just started. The problem with all that snow is that none has melted and even more to the point, there’s no place to put it all.

The condo parking places (which have serious drama already surrounding them and I’m not going into it here because it’s tiresome and would take far too long) are in the alley. The alley is not a public alley which means the city doesn’t plow it. So we all dig our cars out and put our snow . . . somewhere.

The latest drama occurred last Wednesday when the male Nasty was observed shoveling snow from the stairs/sidewalk of 1 Claremont over onto the 3 Clairmont side. Yes, very childish and when he was caught I guess he didn’t really do anything. Flash forward and the neighbor in #6 (I’ll call them the Normals because that’s what they are—normal neighbors you’d wave at, help out if they needed it but not close friends because they’re just neighbors) shoveled a couple of shovel-fulls into the Nasties’ tenant’s parking place. Here’s a hilarious excerpt from Mr. Normal’s email to Mr. Nasty:

It’s the 3rd snowiest year on record after all. I DID see you shoveling your walk over in front of building 3, and mentioned it - but that is because you had a simple option of placing it in the street (probably as easy as moving it in front of building 3). I was in the process of digging Brooke’s car out...and it was partially stuck over in Cindy's spot. Not as simple.
I think this is getting a little carried away. If you would like for me to apologize to Cindy for digging my wife’s car out (edited to add his wife is eight months pregnant)...when it was stuck, I will. She is a very nice girl, and I am sure she will understand. If you are just wanting to play tit-for tat because I asked you not to move snow from in front of building 1, to in front of building 3 ...then hey, YOU WIN!
Who has time for this?
I will go to the back alley shortly, and move exactly three shovel fulls of snow from Cindy's spot, in to the alley.
Thank you for your ever present, all knowing and all watching eye.


See the fun we get to have in our condo association?

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

I am speechless.

edj3 said...

And it's like that all the time. The Nasties really truly are nasty.

lemming said...

I honestly believe that some people are so sure that they're right that they cannot understand the possibility of considering others.