Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I missed you too

How did a week pass since I last posted?

For some reason, I’ve had a little more trouble readjusting to the Eastern time zone this go-round—mostly I just can’t fall asleep at my normal time which makes getting up really hard too.

Today is the trial run with a potential cat sitter. We met her Friday after I got back from Hawaii (I am confident I looked as stupid as I felt, man was I tired) and neither of the boy kitties hissed at her. In fact Eddie deigned to allow her to pet him. She used to work at our vet’s and is now in nursing school and also appears impossibly young. She’s stopping by this afternoon while I’m at work to see how the cats behave when Kent and I are not here. She charges a little bit more than the Cat Nanny but it would still be cheaper (and better for the cats) than having one boarded at the vet’s AND paying for a cat sitter.

I feel a little bad for the Cat Nanny though. I’ve mentioned before that she is disabled (had a bone infection in her hip almost 10 years ago); the money she earns caring for cats helps supplement that and I know we’ve been a good customer. But at the end of the day, I need to take care of my cats, not the nanny. I still feel bad.

Wally has been needy this week with me, swarming me when I get home and generally acting like Velcro—unless he’s getting into things. I sometimes think he does that just to get the attention. Bad attention, good attention, he doesn’t care.

5 comments:

FreshHell said...

Wally sounds just like a kid. A kid who feels neglected and has to act up to get attention.

I sure hope the new sitter works out. That would be a relief, I know.

Jeanne said...

We've used a very young cat sitter for the last year and it's been fine, except we should have showed her how to make the toilet stop running!

Kent J said...

I can't read bad things about Eddie when he looks so sweet and sleepy at the top of the page.

edj3 said...

But it wasn't Eddie, silly man. It's Wally.

Ron Griggs said...

Wally's just catching up!