Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What I actually took

Here's what I actually packed this week (items I wore are still italicized, removed items are struck out and new items are bolded):

Suitcase:
  • Suit jacket
  • Suit pants
  • Five short-sleeved tops
  • One dress tank top
  • One very light-weight wool sweater
  • Dress pants
  • Underwear
  • Running shorts
  • Exercise top
  • Sports bra
  • Running socks
  • Yoga pants (also sleep in them, hey I don’t sweat THAT much)
  • Sleep top
  • Running shoes
  • Black dress shoes
  • Dress sandals
  • Flip flops 
  • New lace up dress shoes
  • Hair dryer
  • Two brushes
  • Cosmetics
  • Shampoo etc (in the 3-1-1 bag)
  • One large scarf (like a pashmina)
  • Zip up fleece jacket for the hotel room
  • My Circa notebook
  • Small purse (empty)
  • Probably my yoga mat although I’m thinking about taking a yoga class or two there
  • Via and sweetener (this hotel gives you ONE free day of coffee--the rest cost $2 each)
  • A casual skirt for at night when I'm actually NOT on a mountain and am near the beach
  • A bathing suit.
Backpack:
  • Netbook
  • Kindle
  • Camera
  • All power cords
  • Baby extension cord
  • Wallet
  • Small bag for things like lip balm
  • Zune
  • Noise-canceling ear buds
  • Phone
  • Folder with boarding passes etc in it
  • Pen
  • Two granola bars
  • An apple
  • Carrot sticks
  • A boiled egg
  •  
Everything fit just fine and the only thing I would change is I miss having my slippers. They are from LL Bean and look like terrycloth covered flip flops. The flip flops I brought are OK but I like my slippers better.

1 comment:

Kent J said...

I don't know why, but the boiled egg made me chuckle.