Monday, August 2, 2010

Locked and loaded

Finding a running bra has always been a chore for me. I realized pretty early on that the over-your-head uni-boober sports bras like this were a waste of fabric and money for me because I have a narrow back (learned that about myself when I sewed most of my own clothes). If I can get something like a uni-boober bra over my shoulders then it’s too big around and does nothing to support or compress the girls. Let me tell you, running with a chest that's doing a double dribble is not my idea of fun.

I’d found a great running bra by Adidas a few years ago. It held everything where it was supposed to be, had underwire, adjustable straps and hooks/eyes in the back. Plus it was made from the wicking material that pulls your sweat away from you, which makes summer runs much more pleasant. But that bra didn’t survive the post-flood salvage process. Whatever was used to remove the damage also left some sort of residue in the bra and I broke out where ever it touched my chest and back.

I still had an older bra that was marginally OK. Made by Nike, it lacked the essential underwire but did alright otherwise—until a strap broke halfway through my run a couple of weeks ago. I’d used that bra for years so it didn’t really owe me anything, although I’m sure I looked weird as I ran holding the strap up by my chest.

I’m pleased to say that I found a great running bra. In addition to having all the proper hooks/eyes and adjustable straps, I also just flat out don’t notice it at all when I run.

Now that is the best kind of running bra.

4 comments:

Ben Shear said...

more posts like this and I will have to stop reading your blog....

::awkward::

edj3 said...

What's funny is I edited this because I knew you'd make a little fuss. And be fair, I hardly post stuff like this, it's usually all cats and fur and such.

Ben Shear said...

moar cats & fur pees

edj3 said...

Wally sez ohi and will do.