Thursday, July 22, 2010

A rant

Some New Hampshire cars have bumper stickers that say Massholes go home. I like to think I’m not one, I just live there. But this rant is aimed at them:

Please for the love of God, when you pass me on the interstate and we are both going at least 70 MPH, do not cut back in my lane within a foot of my bumper and then stomp your brakes because you’ve just noticed the state police speed trap. I’m likely to crawl up your bumper with a great deal of force.

Also, Masshole drivers, try using your CRUISE CONTROL when driving on the interstate. You pass me and slow down and then get cranky when I go past you again. Come ON, your car isn’t old nor is it a stripped down version so use the cruise.

And let's not forget pedestrians in Boston. I’ve mentioned before that Boston truly is the walking city and unlike other East Coast cities, pedestrians rule. So if a pedestrian steps into a pedestrian walkway that’s not controlled by a traffic light, cars must stop. And I do. Every. Single. Time. But not if I have the light and the pedestrians do not. And I certainly don't stop if someone decides the middle of the freaking street is the best place to cross.

So dear, dear pedestrians, please do not yell at me when you choose to cross the street 10 yards away from your very own crosswalk OR when you try to cross and I have the light.

Specifically, stupid cow people who amble across Exeter Street at both Boylston and Newbury when you don’t have the light, I will not cry when some other driver ends up hitting your oblivious self. I’ll ruin my own brakes trying not to hit you and I’ll use my horn, but you may encounter a MASShole drive at some point who will do neither.

No comments: