Saturday, June 26, 2010

Slightly aggravating

Yesterday we got home from a trip to San Diego—I had a big workshop there for our client and Kent cashed in frequent flier miles to go with me. The trip was fine, Kent got to see more of San Diego and we got to see more of each other since I didn’t lose two plus hours a day to my commute.

But when we got home, we heard the fridge dinging. It dings when the door is left open. Now I’d let our cat nanny know that we forgot to toss a container of blueberries and also one of cherry tomatoes and invited her to take them with her if she liked either. Instead, she snacked on them each day and apparently on Thursday, the door didn’t entirely close.

The temperature in the fridge was 58 degrees F.

So we had to toss over two dozen eggs, two unopened containers of sour cream, our buttermilk, the creamer for Kent’s coffee and the creamy salad dressings he prefers. Today we realized the mushrooms got disgusting too, so they’re history. We’ll also have to pitch a small amount of mayo left in the jar, plus I’m sure our cheddar cheese won’t last very long.

As Kent said yesterday, we should have just thrown away the food. It would have been a lot cheaper.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I just paid one of my daughter's friends $15/day for two days with one visit and $20/day for eight days with two visits. It wasn't a total disaster, but next time I'm calling another cat sitter; the teenager didn't follow directions as well as I'd hoped. She's better for weekend visits.

edj3 said...

We really struggled to find a good pet sitter when we lived in Kansas City, so we were really glad to have found the Cat Nanny here. She's quite good, comes every day and scoops daily too for $22/day. She just didn't shut the fridge door :-(