Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Enough bad news

Not mine; people around me.

In the last few weeks, here’s what’s happened:
  • My friend Jae’s stage 4 breast cancer has returned.
  • My friend Bev’s sister had a serious head injury.
  • My friend Andrew died from colon cancer.
  • My friend Debbie’s only son died in his sleep at the age of 26.
  • My friend Cean learned his wife has been cheating on him for quite a while.
I’m not superstitious in the least but that’s a whole lot of bad news. I’m ready for cream puffs, cartoon bunnies and flowers and maybe a bottle of wine. Who’s with me?

2 comments:

Judith said...

Would that I could - join you in a bottle of wine, that is. Life is really shitty sometimes. I'm sorry for all your friends. Mom

Jeanne said...

Sounds like will grayson's "musical cartoon world." I'm ready to go back. This real life stuff isn't as pleasant.