Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Etsy?

I've wrestled with whether or not I want to launch an Etsy site of my own. Much as my mother doesn't like to make her quilts on spec, I am not sure I'd be up for taking orders for the sewing I do. I like to pick out the patterns and then find exactly the right materials that fit my internal view of how the item should be.

I also wasn't sure I wanted to sink a lot of money into fabric only to have my items sit there collecting online dust. But I realized I had enough remnants to make up some bags at almost no additional cost to me. All I needed to invest was a little additional money and of course time.

So the slide show on the left show the first five bags I've made along with close up pictures of the materials I used. Now I need to get an Etsy site established and figure out how to ship stuff should anything sell--oh and of course I need to figure out how much to charge.

1 comment:

Kalea said...

You did a great job on those. I love your choices of fabric and lining!

Here's to them going fast on Etsy!