Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thrift stores

Boston has a couple of really nice thrift stores. I guess technically they are consignment stores but you get the idea. Both are on Newbury Street and tend to carry nicer brands of clothing that are in good shape. Saturday we headed out and each got some items. I found a J Crew silk/cotton blouse in magenta for $15 plus a Ferragamo wool sweater for $36. I care more about fit and color than I do about name brands, and both items work well for me.

I don't mind buying second hand clothing but I can't bring myself to get used shoes. There's something repulsive about that to me, and I'm not sure I can clearly articulate why that's so. But it's as nasty to me as buying used underwear.

I thought you might enjoy seeing Eddie's new perch. He's lying on my sewing storage cabinet under the light (and heat) of my new sewing lamp. It uses a 100 watt incandescent bulb, which I really need for the light. I'm pretty sure he thinks the lamp is his sun lamp.

No comments: