Saturday, August 29, 2009

Busy, busy

Today we hauled our carpet sample to Ikea. I'd found a chair I loved at Crate & Barrel but I didn't like the $800 price tag. Plus we hoped to find some accent pillows that would better go with this amazing rug we want to get. You may recall me writing about the incredible chair my stepmother has in her guest room. I'm pretty sure hers is an actual Eames, which is a fantastic chair. But honestly we could never pay that much for a chair no matter how cool it is. Today at Ikea, we found a chair that's close in look and feel, and not only was it much cheaper than the Crate & Barrel chair I liked so much, it was also exceptionally comfortable.

Here's the new chair (plus a cat, of course):


This picture shows one of the pillows I re-covered today. We also went to Fabric Corner in Arlington and found this amazing fabric plus it was 35% off. I'm so very glad I can sew and make pillow covers and stuff.



Finally here's one of the pillows on our couch. We may end up replacing the couch at some point since it's pretty short and hard for Kent to get comfortable on when watching TV. But for now, he's making do with the new chair and the recovered pillows make the couch less blah.

1 comment:

Judith said...

Absolutely love the pillow covers you made - they look much like something I would choose as well. Glad you can sew.