Thursday, July 30, 2009

Random list

In no particular order, I’ve noticed the following:

-Peanut butter in my granola bars makes them cook faster. I didn’t anticipate that, so Kent has crunchy bars instead of chewy ones.

-I kept searching for the perfect no-knead bread recipe until I realized I don’t mind kneading bread and I like the texture better.

-More runners smile back at me now that my hair is darker. That one surprised me.

-My cats have no one season for shedding hair. Nope, it’s pretty clearly year-round for them.

-I found a centipede swimming in the cats’ water dish this morning. It’s a big dish, and it was a big centipede. Was--it's gone now.

-The dehumidifier in our bedroom is making all the difference in the world in terms of our comfort. We still have active leaks in that damn closet but at least my sheets don’t feel slimy.

-We are incapable of growing cilantro successfully. We've killed it in two very different climates. I give up.

-Basil is a different story. Want some?

-I love my new sewing cabinet—now I’ll sew for just a little while because the set up and tear down is so much easier.

No comments: