Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I cried



I picked out the materials and pattern for this quilt a long time ago. My mother had offered to make me a quilt back when she first started quilting and I chose this pattern and these materials. Well it's always difficult to make something you don't actually like, and my mother and I have very different taste. So long story short, this quilt didn't get made. She started it and would pick it up from time to time, but honestly her heart wasn't in it.

I don't entirely know what changed her mind, but she brought it here to Estes Park at our family reunion and put it on our bed. Here's a close up of the materials:



I still love it and in fact I slept with it on our bed last night. Now I'm looking forward (sort of) to colder weather in Boston because this beautiful quilt will be on our bed.

Thank you, Mom.

No comments: