Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Saving money takes work

We rejoined Costco on Sunday. We’d tried BJ’s but didn’t like it as much as Costco, although we were prepared to switch since BJ’s membership costs $5 less a year. But when our free 60-day membership expired, we returned to Costco. It’s always shocking how tiring it is to make a full Costco sweep, and we were there probably a full two hours.

The cats are always enthralled when we bring in stuff from the car, and Sunday was no exception. As you can see, Wally made himself right at home in the box our groceries were in. I love this picture because you can really see the color of his eyes.

Eddie has a new fascination with Kent’s vitamins. In this video, he’s gotten between Kent’s monitor and keyboard, pushing the keyboard practically into Kent’s lap—all so he can get closer to the vitamins. Cats are strange.




Today I'm hauling two of the cats to the vet for their yearly check up, and I'll be walking since finding a parking spot near the vet's office is pretty difficult. Chloe will be in the soft-sided carrier we got last year that they know how to unzip (I'll use a twist tie to secure those zippers). Wally will be in the soft sided backpack pet carrier we got this weekend. I'm sure I will look quite hilarious carrying 20 pounds of wailing cats about a half mile to the vet's office.

2 comments:

sabrina said...

that would be really funny to watch you walk with that many kitties! hope you survived the trip!

Jen Shear said...

I can't wait to hear how the walk goes! I'd also like to clarify my vote about the budget. I voted under groceries, but that's a recent thing. I am a detailed budget girl, but now that I do all the shopping at Walmart, I just have one big category for food and misc items.