Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lemon bars and raspberry sauce

Oh my.

I thought you might like seeing food pictures, then I worried that maybe I'm turning into a foodie and then I thought well it's a little too late to worry about that now.

I made my first ever batch of lemon bars today along with some raspberry sauce. Per the reviews for the lemon bars, I did increase the lemon juice from 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup. They are definitely lemony (I tasted the residue on the knife after I cut them). We'll see how they turn out tonight; small group is here again while Fiona continues to recover from her horrible allergic reactions to we don't know what just yet. Behold the finished products:


Let me just confess that straining out the raspberry seeds was a complete pain. First I used my flour sifter, which did a decent job although it was very slow. So I thought I'd give my colander a try but the holes were much too large and all the seeds went through. Pictures of that process and of me returning to the flour sifter would have been pure comedy gold but I had a little too much raspberry sauce on me to get the camera.

And finally, since I rarely get a picture of Chloe not all curled up in a ball, I present Chloe in her new favorite spot on my desk:

2 comments:

Kent J said...

Please tell me there were some left...please?

edj3 said...

Yes, there are some lemon bars left, also raspberry sauce, also someone else brought brownies and some are left AND some couscous with scallops and a tarragon cream sauce stirred in. All sorts of delightfulness awaits you.