Thursday, March 12, 2009

Kitty stats

Last year my friend Sabrina pointed out that the boy kitties have long tails. I hadn't really noticed, although I did know that their tails were longer than Chloe's tail. This morning Kent and I did some kitty wrangling and captured some measurements. Then I scouted around online and found a site that lists average measurements for feral cats. All measurements are in inches.

I don't know their exact weights right now, they haven't been to the vet since last July and probably won't go until this coming July. But at their last visit, they had a big range of weight--Chloe and Wally both weighed right at 10 pounds and Eddie weighed a whopping 14 pounds. I think Eddie weighs more than that now. Putting him on a diet is next to impossible since he is a gobbler and the other two are nibblers. Restricting his food would only starve the skinny cats.