Thursday, March 5, 2009

Happy birthday, Jordan

Twenty-eight years ago Jordan was born. He was a week late, which is typical for a first pregnancy. That didn't matter to me, I just knew I was going to go early because I'd dilated two weeks before my due date. Nope, I was a week late. This picture was taken at my parents' house in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. I had traveled from Germany to Missouri after leaving the Army to have Jordan. I could have stayed in Germany since Rick was still in the service but I'd had an appendectomy that resulted in a seven-inch long incision at an Army facility, and didn't want to risk similar results when I had Jordan.

Here's a recent picture of Jordan and Sophie that I borrowed from Sophie's Facebook. He and Sophie are amazing dancers and to see them perform or compete as I've been able to do is just a wonderful experience. I am not sure which competition they were at for this picture; most recently they competed in Indiana. Sophie told me the competition was quite large and they placed in the semi-finals. After having seen a competition, I'm just so impressed with how well they do. And as you can see, they are both incredibly fit from all that dancing.

No comments: