Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy birthday, Doug

Not that he'll read this :-)

Today is my brother's birthday. I don't have a current digital picture of him mostly because the laptop that might have any of him is out of commission. So you'll have to make do with a picture from our childhood that I've posted before.

Doug is 11 months and a couple of weeks younger than I am. When I was a small girl, I hated it that we were the same age for two weeks and two days. He knew it and would run around taunting me for those couple of weeks. Now that we are getting older, the tables have turned. I positively love to call him up, wish him a happy birthday and point out that we are the same age.

But mostly I wonder how my mother felt getting pregnant again so quickly. She's told me it just seemed like the thing to do, and wasn't a big deal. But after having my own two children (spaced out by two years and nine days), I really wonder how my mother coped when she got pregnant while she had a tiny infant around. That had to be a sleepless few years for her.

1 comment:

Judith said...

As you know, my memory isn't perfect but I do recall having both of you in bed for a couple hours every afternoon - and me too!