Thursday, December 11, 2008

A new dress

I received the highest compliment anyone who sews can receive--my daughter-in-law asked me to make Alison another dress! I've made her a couple but that was in the summer, and so Jen and I looked at patterns online while we were there for Thanksgiving and picked two out. I got the material for the first one this past Saturday. Yesterday I made the dress and little bag, and today I did the pinafore.

I did make two mistakes: first I didn't get the collar lined up just right so there was a bit of a gap between the two sides. I solved that problem by putting a large button in the middle and honestly I like it better that way. The second mistake was more not realizing I was about out of thread when I was ready to make the buttonholes on the pinafore. So I didn't use the same contrast color I had been using but instead used a color that's a more subtle, background color.

Here's the finished product:

3 comments:

Jen Shear said...

I can't believe how quickly you can whip these things out! Thanks for making the dress! I love it!

Kalea said...

I love it! You did a great job. Having the little bag just really sets it off.

Judith said...

Will you please send me the patterns numbers? I would like to make Rayna a Christmas dress. Hope you are still liking that machine. My current Bernina is in the shop and I am using the Featherweight Dad gave me last Christmas. I didn't like it at first but now just love it.