Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

This is our first Christmas in Boston, and at first I thought we would have a white Christmas after getting 14 inches of snow over the weekend. Yesterday was quite cold but today the temperatures are rising, it's supposed to rain all day and tomorrow it will be in the mid-40s. I'm pretty sure our snow will be mostly gone, and what's left will probably be pretty ugly.

We are going to see the Boston Pops today at 3 PM. I hope we like it, because if we do that may end up being a little Boston tradition for us. We were able to get reasonably priced tickets, partly because the main conductor is not doing this show, and I think it's also partly because we are going in the afternoon. Tonight I'm making stuffed flounder from my trusty New York Times 60-Minute Gourmet cookbook. Tomorrow I'll make my mother's fantastic roast pork recipe, along with a port-cranberry sauce (except I use cran-raspberry juice instead of orange juice), and of course mashed potatoes. We'll have pumpkin pie for dessert because to me, pumpkin pie defines holidays. My poor daughter-in-law doesn't like pumpkin pie, which makes me feel so sorry for her!

1 comment:

Kent J said...

And it was the best Christmas ever!