Sunday, November 16, 2008

How Eddie gets in my lap

We worked hard to get this super short clip--Kent has tried at least four times to capture this with the camera but for a big kitty, Eddie moves fast. Usually by the time Kent has the camera turned on, Eddie has already gotten settled.

You see, Eddie has developed very specific requirements for how he prefers to be in my lap, and I think he did so because of how huge he is. He will grudgingly sit in my lap if I sit normally but what he really wants is for me to sit cross-legged in my chair. He'll eye my lap, rub his cheeks against my chair and my desk, come back to the right side of the chair (always the right side, never the left) and then do the jump, drop and roll move you see here. What the video doesn't show is how he pushes really hard with his paws against my tummy, which can sometimes be pretty uncomfortable against all the scar tissue I have from all those surgeries.

2 comments:

Jen Shear said...

He IS fast! What a cute kitty!

Ben Shear said...

eddie just knows what he wants and he goes and gets it.