Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Another hidey-hole

My desk is really cool because when I close all the doors, it resembles a small sideboard, not a piece of office furniture. I mention my desk because yesterday I heard weird noises coming from there.

On the sliding shelf above the file drawer, you can see my printer, and a couple of notebooks. I hid a power strip/surge protector behind that and use it to plug in everything, including my laptop. This laptop is a desktop replacement so it's pretty big and weighs almost 10 pounds. As you might expect, the power supply is big--think brick and you'll have the right idea. That brick puts out nice heat, too. In Kansas City, I used to slip off my shoes and put my feet on the power supply brick during the winter because it kept my feet warm.

Wally likes small enclosed places and now that it's cold, I guess he's liking the heat too. Yes, it was Wally making the noises in my desk. I know he's not a huge cat, but I am still baffled how he got in there without knocking out any of the notebooks.