Thursday, October 16, 2008

Catching up

I’ve been remiss in keeping up with the Kitty Tales, so here are a few vignettes from the last week.

First up is a picture of the boys the day Uncle Doug and Kim left. They were exceptionally excited that we had visitors and bounced all over the apartment, Uncle Doug, Kim, us, furniture—well you get the idea. And since the weather was nice, we left windows open and they saw nocturnal creatures to hiss and get righteously upset with that night. They were completely wiped out and stayed this way all day long.

I don’t have a picture of this next story, mostly because I was too taken aback it was occurring to even think about getting my camera. We’d bought a wicker/woven basket with a lid on it that’s large enough to store kitty toys, extra litter, the plastic bags we use to scoop into, that sort of thing. But I don’t like the cardboard boxes that the litter comes in since they aren’t very sturdy and are apt to dribble litter everywhere, which is annoying. So I bought a plastic bin with a lid that snaps on, thinking I’d use that for storing the clean litter. I’d filled up the bin with the remnants of a box of litter and left the room for maybe two minutes. I returned to find Eddie squatting in the bin, peeing his brains out. As Kalea remarked, that one was entirely my fault.

Next here's Wally and his "sun" lamp. I say that because any time it gets even slightly chilly in the apartment, or at least cooler than a kitty likes, he will seek out any lamp that's on and huddle under it. He prefers the lamps on either side of the couch but I think the reason is two-fold: the lamps are closer to him and also the couch is pretty comfy.

Finally here’s a picture of Wally from this morning. I’d just gotten the sheet out of the dryer so it’s all soft and warm and that expression on his face is exactly the way he looked. I bet it was like kitty heaven to him.

2 comments:

sabrina said...

kitty heaven...minus a giant ball of yarn ;)

Kalea said...

Jay will get right under a lamp too when he can't find a warm lamp. The closer the lamp to the table, the better.

I have some high, small, uncovered windows that let in the morning sunlight. It's hilarious to watch Jay follow the sun spots up the stairs and down the hall, getting in his naps right in the light while it lasts.