Sunday, September 28, 2008

The task that grew or how we organized one of our two closets

Having been a project manager, I do love to make task lists. Kent accuses me of scope creep in that I’ll say we are going to do some task and then I (sneakily) add on. While that’s true sometimes, it wasn’t true yesterday. The task at hand was just huge all by itself.

We have just two closets in our apartment and both are pretty big. We’d already organized the one in our bedroom because we had to when we replaced the damaged dry wall. But we’d just thrown things into the closet under the stairs. I was confident we could get more in there and also be able to get things out more easily if we restacked everything. So that was on my list for yesterday. In addition, we have those few pesky boxes left to sort through and figure out where the contents go. That was on my list too.

The slide show on the left will give you some hint of the amount of crap stuffed in that closet. We went through all the boxes and got utterly ruthless with things. Wally kept hopping from box to box, looking all cute so I had to keep grabbing my camera and getting pictures of the cuteness.

We did finish the closet (hurrah!) but it took all day. And one unexpected outcome was poor Eddie lost his perch by Kent’s desk. He seemed really bereft last night, and cried and cried even more than he normally does.

Finally, Kent took this video last night. I’ll warn you, its two minutes long and kind of boring, but it’s also very typical of how the boys groom each other. At one point, Wally bites Eddie’s throat because Eddie stops grooming him. That’s brotherly love for you.

1 comment:

Kalea said...

No doubt who's in charge here, is there? Wally's got poor Eddie in a headlock to make sure he does as he's told!