Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A story about Rayna's arrival

My older son and his fiancee set their wedding day for September 9, and let us all know well ahead of time so we could make plans. But then my sister Amy called me to say she wouldn't be attending. To put it mildly, I was pretty disappointed. I also (secretly, although she says not so secretly) wondered if perhaps she had put some sort of hiking or climbing adventure ahead of her nephew's wedding but no, she hadn't. When I asked how come she couldn't make it to the wedding, she said it was too close to her due date of September 17. Given that this was Amy's first child, I was pretty excited and I shrieked and bounced around the house like a crazy woman, I'm sure Amy thought I lost my mind.

As it turned out, Rayna did not wait for her due date. Instead Amy ended up at the hospital the same day as Jordan's wedding and Rayna was born pretty early the next day. Amy was kind enough to wait until we all woke up to share her news.

Now Rayna is two years old and from what Amy shares with me, she's super active, inquisitive and a lot of fun. Motherhood seems to really agree with Amy; in fact, she's expecting her second child in January.

1 comment:

Judith said...

Really cute picture of Rayna and nice of you to honor her. Nonny (grandmother to Rayna and 10 others!)