Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ug moving

Depending on when you asked yesterday, I'd have told you the move was going well, was OK or was really a complete pain. This morning I'm squarely on really a complete pain.

To start, one of the kitties peed on our bed before we'd even started loading up the car. We are pretty sure it was Eddie, although as stressed as all three are I wouldn't be surprised to find out otherwise. So one of our featherbeds was ruined as was a pair of sheets. I say this because I ran down the street to the dry cleaners to see if they could clean the featherbed and the owner told me he no longer had machines big enough for them. When I asked, he said no one he knew had any. Well I'm not going to lug around a peed-on featherbed so out it went. The sheets were old and were destined to become paint drop cloths shortly, just not quite that fast. And now I need to find a replacement for drop cloths.

On the bright side, the rain held off until after we'd moved four carloads and were done for the day anyway.

Last night was not fun. When Eddie is stressed, he talks a lot and very loudly. So he told us all night long how displeased he was with this whole situation. He'd come get under the covers for about three minutes, spring out as though shot, run into the living room and start talking. Since we only have boxes here at the moment, the sound just reverberated.

Right now at almost 6 AM, Eddie is still talking and I'm not sure how he has a voice left. Wally is hiding in a box, and Chloe is being the sweet good kitty she always is.

The movers come today to get our furniture out of Saint Botolph (we were not moving a hide-a-bed down three flights of stairs, into a truck and then into this place). Then Wednesday the rest of our belongings from Kansas City get here. So I fear the kitties won't be able to get settled for another week.

No comments: