Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sizes

It’s hard to tell from the pictures I post exactly how large Eddie really is. Chloe and Wally each weigh right about 10 pounds. On Wally, that’s stretched out over a very long frame while Chloe is a lot more compact. But neither is a particularly large cat. What you notice about Chloe when she’s running around is that her legs are pretty short so she almost looks like a small raccoon when she scuttles around. Wally is quite thin because he’s got a very long spine, long legs and a really long tail. But for some reason he looks bigger in his pictures.

Eddie weighs in at almost 15 pounds, so he’s got about five pounds of additional weight on him—that’s stretched across a frame about the same size as Wally. But Eddie also has big paws and a bigger head. He doesn’t really fit in my lap any more, he’s just too big. But he still tries.

So here are a few pictures from yesterday and you may think I did weird things regarding the relative size of the cats. But I didn’t, they are these sizes.











Edited to add: I just took this picture. That's my lap you see Eddie trying to curl up on.

No comments: